Winter Gathering of Friends
February 26-27, 2021 – Virtual Event
The Virtual Winter Gathering will be held February 26-27, 2021. We will all agree we will miss getting together physically. This is one of our most cherished and enjoyed blessing as the church.
While we will be virtually together in February, we will always look forward to getting back together when it is possible.
- Everyone who intends to meet/login needs to go to Zoom and download the Zoom material so you can connect when its time. (Doing as you login will delay your entry into the session). Attendance and the download is free for attendees.
- Everyone who intends to meet/login needs to send firstname.lastname@example.org an up-to-date email address. This is because an “Invitation Link” must be sent back to you with the login times and credentials.
- Attendees will need to comply with the Zoom meeting etiquette so only one person is recognized to speak, while everyone else is muted. This removes the background noise in the room from which you login.
Everyone who would like to join (attend) these sessions are welcome to login. While each church has appointed Representatives, discussion, questions, and sharing of ideas is part and parcel of our meeting structure. The Representatives are charged with the decision making (after hearing from your local Meetings input to them), but open discussion is available in these sessions.
Friday, February 26, 2021
5:00 – Corporate Prayer
5:30 – Break for Dinner
6:30 – General Session – Meeting for Worship
- Welcome by Mary Heathman – Clerk
- Representatives Roll call
- Reading of the 2021 Proposed Budget Reports: (emailed earlier – Elder Board, Presiding Clerk, Leadership Facilitator, Fx Task Force, Friends Women, WGA, Friends Disaster Service, Quaker Ridge Board, and Quaker Ridge Camp Association).
Saturday, February 27, 2021
8:00 – Devotional – Prayer time
- Presiding Clerk convenes this meeting for worship
- Devotional time
- Clerk dismisses everyone to go to Task Force meetings
9:00 – Task Force Meetings (Fx & Youth, Trustees, Quaker Ridge, QRCA, Pastors, etc.)
11:00 – General Session – Updates from Task Force meetings, 2nd reading of the 2021 Proposed Budget, other reports or business items
Noon – Dismiss for Lunch
1:00 – General Session – Closing Minute
- Presiding Clerk convenes the meeting
- A time for continued discussion, additional agenda items
- Closing Minute
2:00 – Friends Women (Virtual Meeting)